Have you ever heard of Oreo Balls? I think it's the worst name for a candy EVER. Oreo truffles might sound better. Or tuxedo truffles. Ooo that one is actually kind of good. Anyway, I found a recipe a few weeks ago that I really wanted to try, but I didn't have an excuse (or the time, really) to do it. It was a friend's birthday yesterday, so I decided I finally had an excuse, and this way I could give some away so I wouldn't have to eat them all.
Basically you take a package of Oreos, crush them up, mix that with a package of cream cheese, roll that mixture into ball shapes and then dip the balls into chocolate (I found an actual recipe online somewhere). Easy. So I gave it a try yesterday, and (for the most part) it worked. I should have added something to the chocolate because it was still really thick while I was trying to dip the candies, but about half the batch turned out pretty cute.
The end result:
Yep. Pretty proud of myself. I've never dipped anything but pretzels, and to be honest--it's probably not my favorite thing ever. I'd rather just bake something tasty. But the finished result was really rewarding! They look kind of pro!
And they taste great! Anyone that comes to visit me soon can try one!! Who knows how long they'll last, though, so make it quick!! :)My other proud accomplishment is this:


This is just a close up of some of the fabrics I used. The inside is flannel so it will be nice and soft, and it opens up all the way to the bottom and snaps closed. I made the binding myself! for the first time ever. And the patchwork front brought back memories from when I tried to make my first quilt (I was five or six). I'm glad that this turned out better than that "quilt."
My next project--replacing our "Merry Christmas" wall collage........stay tuned!
Mmmm.....think you could ship some of those out here to Colorado?! They look So good! And Yeah on yet another completed sewing project. You have made all sorts of things for this little baby. So fun. And WOW....I had no idea you guys went to Vegas!! Looks like you did a lot of fun stuff....and enjoyed your anniversary. You look so cute, by the way. It was fun to read about your trip and see all your pictures.
ReplyDeleteOh you know I would, but I'm sure they wouldn't make it there. The mailmen would sense their goodness and eat them before they ever got to you. Lol. And thanks! It was a lot of fun :)
ReplyDeletetuxedo truffles, you should totally patent that. good work on the sleeper! it's super cute.
ReplyDelete