Friday, February 4, 2011

Glider Re-Covered!!

So....Scott and I found a super slammin' deal on a glider on the KSL classifieds. $20 with the ottoman included! When we drove up to get it, it ended up being REALLY stained. Like, gross, nasty, don't even want to know what happened to the chair, stained. Oh! Here's a picture......


I don't think the picture really does it justice. I just could not imagine rocking a sweet, clean, little baby in this glider. But we still bought it (I mean, come on, it was only $20!). When I got home I started looking around blogland for ideas of what I could do with this. I saw a couple of people had covered their gliders, and it actually didn't look that hard! So I decided to give it a try.

One Saturday I completely covered the two main cushions and the ottoman....and then I got to the side pocket/arm cushion things........I decided there wasn't much to cover--I was going to have to make entirely new pockets....so............two weeks later I finally got everything together and was able to finish them! Wow they were a lot of work. But totally worth it! I think it turned out really cute. Kind of loud...but maybe with a blanket thrown over the back it won't be so bad!

So...are you ready for the "after" pictures?





\/(book not included)\/
I've got to say, I'm pretty proud of myself (understatement) for actually being able to do this!! It may not be exactly perfect, but for my sewing abilities (or basically the lack thereof) I feel like it looks really good! The chair is comfy and I can't wait to hold our little guy in it! I think he'll love it too :)

2 comments:

  1. this is AMAZING!!!! seriously, you're awesome. i love the way it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! you did a great job. it looks like new.cant wait to see it and the bedding. its getting so exciting.

    ReplyDelete