Friday, December 2, 2011

Yesterday.

No pictures for this one, folks.  Trust me, you don't want them.

Yesterday I was in the worst mood.  It started off pretty good.  Duncan and I went to the mall and got some much-needed items.

As soon as we got home, I put Duncan on our bed with a bottle, went to grab a diaper to change him (not grabbing the wipes because I thought it was just a wet diaper...), and by the time I got back he was on his side reaching for his bottle; I guess he had let go of it and it rolled a little.

I got him back on his back and saw that in the minute and a half I had been gone he had leaked out of his diaper.  I gave him his bottle, pulled off his pants and diaper, and AghHHHhhhh!!--kicking legs and poop everywhere!!!!  I kind of froze here and didn't know what to do.  I didn't have any wipes and I was not about to start using my clothes (which were the only things within reach) to start wiping poo.  I grabbed my naked, poopy baby and ran into the bathroom.

I set Duncan in the tub, and the poor guy did not understand what was going on at all.  He was still in his (poopy) onesie, the tub was cold, and he hadn't even finished his lunch!  As I was trying to wash the poop off of him, he continued to get poop on his legs, feet, arm, and belly. I was fighting a losing battle.

I finally got all the poop washed off, drained all the poopy water out, and started filling the tub with new water.  I let Duncan play with some toys in the bath for a little while, and then, all of a sudden, he spit up everywhere!!  It was in his hair, all over his face and hands, and in the water.  I, again, had to empty the tub and wash him off.  With all the poop I had forgotten that Duncan was in the middle of a bottle when this started.  Since I didn't burp him he spit up.  It actually probably wasn't that much spit up; I'm sure it looked worse because of the water.

Anyway, It was a rough 30 minutes or so, and it just got me in a sour mood for the rest of the day.  By the time Scott came home from work I was long gone into crazy town.  He puts up with a lot from me, and I'm so grateful he does.  There's no way I could do this without him.

1 comment:

  1. all you can do is laugh. and you will ...later.

    ReplyDelete